Meet Dr. Julie Prutsman
As the the owner and founder of Sound Relief Hearing Center, Dr. Julie Prutsman has dedicated her practice to treating tinnitus, decreased sound tolerance, and related hearing health issues.
She is a third-generation audiology professional with her grandfather entering into the field of hearing healthcare in the 1950s. After working in her family’s practice in Colorado and Las Vegas, NV, she decided to open one of her own focused on tinnitus. Since beginning Sound Relief Hearing Center in December 2011, her practice has helped thousands of patients and grown to nine offices operating in Colorado and Arizona.
Dr. Julie Prutsman grew up in Highlands Ranch and graduated from Highlands Ranch High School. She attended the University of Colorado – Boulder for graduate school and knew Colorado would always be her home state. Her husband, Patrick, is the General Manager and co-owner of Sound Relief. They have two wonderful children, Ethan and Hanna, and their rescue dog, Tori. In her free time, Dr. Julie loves to read, travel, ski, and spend time with family.
- Salus University: Doctorate of Audiology (Au.D.)
- University of Colorado, Boulder: Master of Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences (M.A.)
- Marietta College: Bachelor of Science – Biology (B.S.)
- University of Colorado Hospital: ENT and Audiology Clinic Rotations
- Emory University: Tinnitus Retraining Therapy for Management of Tinnitus & Hyperacusis – Dr. Pawel Jastreboff 2002
- American Board of Audiology, Certificate Holder in Tinnitus Management
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology 2000
- American Tinnitus Association (ATA) Current Board Member
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA) Current Member
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA) Current Fellow
- Colorado Academy of Audiology (CAA) Past VP of Professional Issues